Question: Does Tea Stain your Teeth?
Summary: Teeth are used for chewing and breaking down food in the mouth to help speed up the digestion process. Teeth are naturally white in color, but over time dark colored drinks like tea, coffee, and cola can stain teeth turning them yellow in color. In this experiment you will use egg shells to simulate the white color of teeth, and study how different liquids effect the color of the eggshells
(Any of The Materials Highlighted in Blue are Clickable Links for Purchasing)
Eggs (Hollowed out) use these instructions
- Fill three separate beakers with coffee, tea, and cola.
- Put at least one hollowed-out eggshell into each container.
- Every day, fish them out and observe the progress of discoloration.
- Take some photos of gradual changes. On the day when you really start to notice discoloration, note that day.
- Record your results and compare the effects of the three liquids using a table like the one below.
|Day #1||Day #2||Day #3|